Contract Curriculum Developer
Moon Highway is looking to build their team of curriculum developers and developer educators. The ideal candidate for this role will be a seasoned software engineer who can break down technical concepts, build hands-on demo apps, and create content for a variety of technology products. This is a contract, part-time role with potential to expand into full-time work.
- Curriculum Development: Design and update the curriculum to align with current industry standards and technological advancements. This includes preparing lesson plans, hands-on activities, and lab guidelines.
- Written and Video Content Creation: This could mean everything from blog articles to technical tutorials with the support of a video editor.
- Research and Industry Alignment: Conduct thorough research to stay abreast of the latest trends, technologies, and best practices in software engineering. Incorporate these insights into the curriculum to ensure that it remains relevant and provides students with the skills needed in the current job market.
- Training and Support for Instructors: Provide training and ongoing support to instructors who will be delivering the curriculum. This includes helping them understand the course structure, content, and teaching methodologies.
- Project Management: Manage the curriculum development process, including timelines, budgets, and resource allocation.
- [Optional] Instructor-Led Training: If you’d like to teach live courses, this is possible as well. If you’re only looking to teach, see our Contract Instructor position.
- Content Creation: Skills in creating engaging and informative technical content in various formats.
- Industry Experience: Experience in software development, with a strong understanding of technology.
- Communication Skills: Excellent verbal and written communication skills, crucial for creating content and community engagement.
- Technical Expertise: Deep technical knowledge of the specific technology or product, along with a broad understanding of software development practices and tools.
- Experience creating tutorials, articles, videos, or other learning content
- Passionate about learning and the student experience
- Empathetic and approachable, with a strong desire to help others
- Creative and strategic in thinking and planning
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Keen interest in staying current with technological advancements and industry trends